Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner: set priority while planning?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner: set priority while planning?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:08:32 -0400

Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know of any way to do this, but it would be nice if I could...
>

> I currently have <f9> t set to planner-create-task-from-buffer.  This is very
> helpful, but I sometimes feel like I would like to be able to set the priority
> while I'm using this function.  Why not put put it like this?
>
> [B] Describe task:
>
> then pressing C-M-p or C-M-n could raise or lower the priority, while in the
> minibuffer....
>
> Is that at all possible?  I don't know how to code it myself, but if someone
> could give me some pointers on where to start, I could give it a try...

I wanted the same thing when I first started using Planner, so Sacha added
commands like planner-create-high-priority-task-from-buffer and
planner-create-low-priority-task-from-buffer. One option is to bind separate
keys to those commands. Or you could bind your <f9> t to something like:

(defun johnsu01/planner-create-task-from-buffer (priority)
  "1 is low priority, 3 is high priority.
No prefix or any other number is medium priority."
  (interactive "P")
  (cond ((equal priority 1)
         (planner-create-low-priority-task-from-buffer))
         ((equal priority 3)
          (planner-create-high-priority-task-from-buffer))
         (t
          (planner-create-medium-priority-task-from-buffer))))

I think another interesting possibility might be to actually show the priority
in the minibuffer at the Describe Task prompt and just let you edit it if you
wanted to change it.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net