[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Task Ordering Question/Problem

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Task Ordering Question/Problem
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:26:06 -0800

Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy Cowgar <address@hidden> writes:

> When hitting C-c C-x on a task, planner makes the change (marking
> the task complete) on both the Day Page and the Project Page. It
> does not, however, reorder the task. However, when making any other
> change to the page (editing a note for example) and saving via C-x
> C-s the tasks get reordered on the page being edited, for instance
> the Project Page. The task is *not* reordered on the linking page,
> the Day Page. I have to go and edit a note or something on it and
> hit C-x C-s to make them be reordered.

I rebind C-x C-s to planner-save-buffers when in planner mode.  Does
this fix your problem?

I also find this useful when I have made a bunch of edits, they get
reflected on the linked pages, but then emacs dies for some reason and
planner is in an awful mess because the linked pages did not get
saved.

Hmm, I actually do more.  Is this necessary these days?:

(defun jmk-planner-save-buffers ()
  "Update a note if we are on a note.  Run planner-save-buffers."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (save-window-excursion
      (planner-update-note)
      (planner-save-buffers))))

(define-key planner-mode-map [?\C-x ?\C-s] 'jmk-planner-save-buffers)

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/
mailto:address@hidden