Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-target.el: Importancy and Emergency

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-target.el: Importancy and Emergency support in planner
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:54:21 +0800

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> wrote:

> Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is there a plan to integrate this into the main source code?
> Yep! As soon as I get around to it--it's on my task list, really... =)

I should warn you how buggy it is: I even forget to (provide) it :(
And I've got some new ideas about the calculation. Thinking about make
an arch archive again...

>> As for name, how about planner-pygtd (bit too cryptic) or
>> planner-importancy-emergency (bit long)?
> planner-pygtd seems a bit misleading. planner-importance might be
> okay. planner-task-rank? planner-task-urgency?

Hi, I like planner-task-rank or just planner-rank. This way we can use
{{Rank: 3.5 - I=3 E=4}} in the task description. Much better than
target :) BTW, I'm not a native English speaker, do you guys like
urgency or emergency? I just verified Stephen uses urgency and I
remember Tony uses emergency.

About timeclock-summary intergration. I'm thinking dividing is/isn't
important/emergent by 4.5, and make a time management matrix (Franklin
Covey's term, in habbit 3) by that. Say, what percentage of my time is
spend on not urgent and not important things. In fact this is my
imagination when I began to write timeclock-summary. Can't imagin it's
coming ture :)

--
Cheers,
Dryice