[emacs-wiki-discuss] Preventing private material from being published (W

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Preventing private material from being published (Was RE: New faces =))
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:20:48 -0500

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 at 08:57:41 -0600,
Charles Hachten wrote:

[snip]
>3. I want to put my planner on the web, but I sometimes put personal
>   information on my plan pages and I can't figure out (though I
>   haven't tried too hard) how to stop this stuff from getting
>   published.  I've looked into gpg, but I can't figure out how to
>   link my personal keys to planner (if that makes any sense).  But I
>   admit that I haven't RTFM very closely, but if anyone has any quick
>   advice that would be great.

Sacha, herself, posted this recently:

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:43:39 +0900
From: Sacha Chua <address@hidden>
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Quick hack for private stuff
To: address@hidden

Hello, everyone!

You can do lots of fancy things before publishing. For example, the
following snippet of code removes all lines containing {{private}}
before producing HTML.

(add-to-list 'planner-publishing-markup (lambda () (delete-matching-lines
"{{private}}")))
(planner-update-wiki-project)

I publish my planner files at http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/plans/
so something like this is pointless for me, but it's still nice
knowing how easy it is to tweak Planner. ;)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed