[emacs-wiki-discuss] Recurring tasks

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Recurring tasks
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:01:39 -0700

Hi all-

There was a neat post on 43folders.com recently about recurring tasks, or tasks that are cyclic in that they repeat at a given interval, but the interval starts each time the task is completed. So, rather than happening "every Tuesday," a task shows up on the tasklist "every seven days," or "every six months." I imagine that planner could do this, too: perhaps in the style of planner-cyclic, we could have a file ~/.diary.recurring-tasks:

  7 2005.01.15 #B0 File bills
 30 2004.12.30 #B0 Return library books
150 2005.01.10 #B0 Make densit appointment

where the first number is the interval, in days, between recurrences, and the date is the day the task was last completed -- updated by planner when the task is marked as done.

Is something like this do-able, or already implemented? It strikes me as being pretty handy.

-Alan