Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie

From: Angus Lees
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:23:48 +1100

At Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:42:57 +0900, Sacha Chua wrote:
> What's your current killer feature, the reason why you're playing
> around with Planner?

The fact that I can just scribble notes about anything at all in
whatever layout is appropriate and then I can find them again :)

Flexible hyperlinks and remember.el's speed of use are definate
pluses.

> What's your main wishlist feature?

"less features" ;)

I *really* like the simplicity and flexibility of a wiki with some
simple helper routines to manipulate lines that match a certain
pattern.  I'm worried all these exotic reports, task databases, task
hierarchies, etc will make people think planner-el is more than it
is -- and that development will take planner further away from "just
being a wiki".

As someone who only uses emacs-wiki through emacs (and never publishes
anything to HTML), I'd like it if someone could hide task ids and find
a way to make the hidden parts of long links not affect line-wrapping.
(But neither of them bothers me enough to do it myself)

--
 - Gus