[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Wiki - Planner & email.

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Wiki - Planner & email.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:15:21 -0500

Tim O'Callaghan <address@hidden> writes:

> First,
>
> Which is now the authoritative source for the
> planner-emacswiki-remember combo? tla archives only please ;)

Here's how it works.  I maintain the authoritative Emacs Wiki
archive.  My website for Emacs Wiki is at
http://www.mwolson.org/projects/EmacsWiki.html .

Loc: http://www.mwolson.org/archives/2004

Repo: address@hidden/emacs-wiki--main--1.0

Sacha Chua is the authoritative source for Planner and Remember.  Her
website is at http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/PlannerMode.php .

Loc: http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/arch

Planner Repo: address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0

Remember Repo: address@hidden/remember--dev--1.0

Sacha has some mirrors that you can find listed on the link I just
have you.  I don't need a mirror (yet) since the place that hosts my
site has been rock solid so far ;^) .

> Second,
>
> I'm going to move to an emacsen based email client again. I used to
> use VM, but got very tired of it. What emacs email clients do people
> recommend? Note: they have to be IMAP/TLS capable, but not
> necessarily planner insinuatable.

I use Gnus, but it takes a few good hours (at least) of reading the
manual to get used to it.  But once you do, you'll never go back.  :^)
If you want to use it with TLS, make sure that you have the gnutls
program installed.  You'll probably have to make a file called
.authinfo in your home directory which contains lines that look like
this:

machine mail.server.net login login_name password pswd_here port imap
machine smtp.server.net login login_name password pswd_here

--
Michael Olson  -  FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: bigmike160 on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug