[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Invalid address: nil

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Invalid address: nil
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:34:01 +0800

"vrtprj.com" <address@hidden> writes:

> thanks for the immediate reply! Unfortunately planner 122 and
> emacs-wiki 48 didn't change the behaviour so much. Sometimes it
> works, but most of the time not.

Hmm. Are you doing "A n" from the summary or message? It looks like
you're doing it from the message. Could you please try planner/125?
If this still fails, I'd like you to evaluate the following from
the offending message buffer

   (planner-gnus-get-address "To")   (This should be non-nil)
   (get-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
   (get-buffer gnus-original-article-buffer)

In 125, I made it use gnus-article-buffer again. You might not have
had a gnus-original-article-buffer if you weren't doing any processing
on mail messages.

> Another problem with the new versions: Some Gnus links have the form
> gnus://.....<address@hidden>, where the last part @[NNN...]
> is an IP address. These Planner never liked (no markup, not properly
> converted to HTML), but at least ignored them.

These should've gotten escaped properly. emacs-wiki does that escaping
in (emacs-wiki-make-link ...), which calls (emacs-wiki-link-escape
...) on both the link and the name. I tried it out here. this is the
message ID of my test message:
<address@hidden>

and this is the resulting task:

#B0  _ Verify bug ([[gnus://mail.misc/<address@hidden>][E-Mail from notify]])

To verify this behavior, you can check the value of
(planner-gnus-annotation). Does it show you something with the %5B
escape character in it?

> The versions 119/47 raised errors during publishing and stopped when
> it found these links. With 122/48 the Planner files with such links
> are DELETED, only a HTML file is left in the planner directory.

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry! I will now get very annoyed with planner.
It should _never_ delete pages. I really want this bug fixed.
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun