[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Problems crossing midnight

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Problems crossing midnight
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 10:13:37 +0800

Win Treese <address@hidden> writes:

> If I am running Emacs with open (and possibly modified) plan pages and
> the time passes midnight (local time), planner seems to update itself
> for the new day. However, any attempt to save a plan page results in a
> series of "File XXX is modified on disk, reread?" questions, and it can

That's odd. I've never encountered this problem before, and I'm
usually up past midnight.

I'm looking at planner-stable, and it doesn't seem to save files in
planner.el (except for the bit about killing calendar files, but
that's not going to be triggered unless you browse).

This happens only after you M-x plan, right?

One thing you can do is check the file with M-x diff-buffer-with-file
after midnight to see if you have any crontabs or whatever changing
your file. (Unlikely, but still a possibility.)

I'd really appreciate it if you could (setq debug-on-quit t), get into
the infinite loop, and hit C-g. If we're lucky, that'll give us a
backtrace and we can find the offending function.

Apologies for the inconvenience!
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun