[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Renaming/changing a task?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Renaming/changing a task?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 23:45:21 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> I have (require 'planner-id). Is planner-id-add-task-id something I
> M-x in the buffer each time I need it, or something I (setq) in my
> init file?

If you've loaded planner-id, newly-created tasks should automatically
have IDs. If you have old tasks without IDs, you can add IDs to them
with planner-id-add-task-id (current task) or
planner-id-add-task-id-to-all .

> (apropos just said this was a command, but I didn't gather how I was
> supposed to use this command.  A fine example of where I find emacs

C-h f planner-id-add-task-id RET might be helpful.

>>Sure, sure. Up to you. I usually put more organized thoughts in a
>>different section, though.
> For example?

http://sacha.free.net.ph/PlannerMode.php (okay, it's not _that_ much
more organized, but I do put the rougher stuff nearer the bottom of
the page.)

>>Whoops. Fixed in patch-10, I think. Please confirm so that I can
>>merge it into stable.
> Sure, can you tell me how to add patch-10 to my --stable arch branch?
> Or, how to switch from stable to dev+patch-10?

You can get it into a different directory:

tla get address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-10 dev

or you can cherry-pick changes with:

tla replay address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-10

(does not commit, so you can just tla undo to go back to your old files)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun