[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Renaming/changing a task?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Renaming/changing a task?
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:06:04 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> - How do I rename a task.
>    Do I just edit it, or should I delete it, and start over?

If you have planner-id support (require 'planner-id and possibly add
task IDs with planner-id-add-task-id), then simply editing it and
saving it will work.

If not, you should M-x planner-delete-task, and then start over. Or
you can use M-x planner-jump-to-linked-task, edit the linked task,
close that buffer and edit the original task.

> - What is the proper way to delete notes inserted with M-x remember ?
>   Just C-k that line?

C-k works, although note: if you added new notes, the numbering will
get seriously screwed up. We still have to think of a neat way around
this.

> - Is it okay to intermingle notes via M-x rememer with more free-form
>   notes (i.e. paragraphs), or should there be a separate section for
>   that?

Sure, sure. Up to you. I usually put more organized thoughts in a
different section, though.

> Also, there seems to be a minor problem with M-x planner-replan-task
> when the task item in question does not have a default page or
> task-id associated with it.

Whoops. Fixed in patch-10, I think. Please confirm so that I can merge
it into stable.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun