[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Plans interlinking with Wikis?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Plans interlinking with Wikis?
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:37:54 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> In planner-mode, I did M-x emacs-wiki-find-file, and it opened a file
> under my ~/Plans hierarchy.  In one of these new wiki pages, I
> created a WikiName to specify a new page.  However, that page already
> exists under my ~/Wiki hierarchy.  Is there a way to get these
> inter-connected?

Interwiki links to the rescue!

You can specify interwiki links of the form

WikiProject#WikiPage

For example, if you had a wiki called WorkWiki, the WelcomePage of
that can be linked to with

WorkWiki#WelcomePage

Note that this looks suspiciously like the anchor syntax, so don't
give your wiki pages the same name as an interwiki name or the
interwiki will always take precedence!

To define interwiki names, see emacs-wiki-interwiki-names and
emacs-wiki-update-project-interwikis. Basically, call
emacs-wiki-update-project-interwikis if you modify
emacs-wiki-projects, and you'll be all set.

> The only problem seems to be the line between personal and work
> seems to be getting fuzzier and fuzzier :)

Yeah, I tend to put everything into my planner wiki. <laugh>
Even my course webpages are handled with planner.
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun