[emacs-wiki-discuss] your planner-config.el

From: pll+ew
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] your planner-config.el
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:03:57 -0500

Hi Jody,

I've been trying to get your planner-config.el file working, and for
the life of me, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've used tla to grab the latest stable version of emacs-wiki and
dumped into ~/lisp/emacs-wiki.  In my .xemacs/init.el, I have:

  (setq load-path (append load-path '("~/lisp")))
  (setq load-path (append load-path '("~/lisp/emacs-wiki")))

Then I have:

 (load "jody")

where "jody" is ~/lisp/jody.el.

When I start up Xemacs, I get:

 Cannot open load file: emacs-wiki-functions.el

If I comment out the line:

  (load "emacs-wiki-functions.el");

from that file and restart, I then get:

  Symbol's value as variable is void: planner-annotation-functions

Commenting out (setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)
yields:

  Symbol's function definition is void: planner-insinuate-calendar

Commenting out (planner-insinuate-calendar) finally gets me something
that loads without error, but then typing M-x plan gets me a page
with only * Tasks and * Notes.  And I was pretty sure that the line:

 (setq planner-day-page-template "* Tasks\n\n\n* Diary\n\n\n* Notes\n\n\n")

Meant that you should have a Diary section in there as well.
Additionally, I wanted to have a * Schedule section, which I added,
but also doesn't show up.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE