[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: About wiki syntax, and Oddmuse in general

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: About wiki syntax, and Oddmuse in general
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:10:35 -0600

Here is what Alex Schröder had so say on the issue of
emacs-wiki.el/oddmuse compatibility (with another follow-up comment
by me).

This is at http://www.oddmuse.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Comments_on_SiteMap

   Q: Can Oddmuse be easily modded to accept emacs-wiki.el syntax?
   -- jcorneli

   A: I don't know the emacs-wiki.el syntax. At the time I wrote
   wiki.el (and emacs-wiki.el was based on wiki.el a long time ago),
   I used plain old UseMod syntax, which continues unchanged in
   Oddmuse. Therefore it is just a question of adding New Text
   Formatting Rules...  Should be trivial. ;) -- Alex Schrvder

   follow-up: I agree it shouldn't be so hard. Another way to go
   would be to mod emacs-wiki.el to conform to strict UseMod
   syntax. But your post suggests that it is actually be pretty easy
   to make Oddmuse accept *both* (er, ''both'') kinds of markup
   simultaneously. Pretty cool.  Is this something that you'd want
   in the main branch? -- jcorneli