[emacs-wiki-discuss] Submitting patches, docs, etc. by "standard form";

From: S. Taylor
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Submitting patches, docs, etc. by "standard form"; wiki-name.el pages
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:08:18 -0500 (EST)

Sacha, would it not simplify / cover legal angles if there were pages on
the emacs-wiki site that authors could use to submit code, features,
questions, documentation?

They could include enough about different licences/GPL's to let authors
know their code will be used -- or indicate restrictions.

You / any maintainer would be equally able to reply (automatically?),
repost with copyright notice if omitted.

----

Revisions: With the flurry of patches and revisions, I haven't tried to
keep up. But the filenames are an easily matched pattern,

How can we patch the code to recognize a wiki-name.el file, then format
and publish it as a code (.el) page in the wiki? With a global version
number? With integrated diff/rcs/cvs etc. to allow viewing of what's
changed? (ouch, new feature, but is it worth it?)

I'll try myself. Great site.