[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Wiki files in a directory tree

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Wiki files in a directory tree
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:19:39 +0800

"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden> writes:

> 'http://tkd.kicks-ass.net/blog/media/web/this-site/NewHost.html'.  Is there
> any interest in my merging in Sacha's latest emacs-wiki.el and posting the
> patches here?

This sounds like a fantastic idea! It would also fit into mmc's
suggestion of hierarchical organization for WikiIndex . I'm looking
forward to getting this patch. =)

If you post it here, other people can take a look at it before I get
around to it (calendared for 2004.03.27, but you know how things are).

> One issue I have thought about a bit but not implemented is that
> opening a new wiki should check that the name is unique across the
> whole subtree normally, but planner would need to override that
> check for day pages. Any others I might have missed?

Wiki names for files/in/directories will not be magical, but planner
generates explicit links these days, anyway.

Do you want people to specify the full path to disambiguate but be
able to shortcut unique page names? We can keep an alist in memory. =)

planner-search-notes and planner-notes-index will be a little more
complicated. On the other hand, I can just limit it to
current-directory, and make tree searching/indexing a somewhat more
expensive operation.

> Incidentally, I've also started using my new emacs-wiki-blosxom.el
> derived mode to mark up wiki files for blosxom to serve. It needs
> some polish, but I'll put it on my website soon.

Ooooh.

(Psst: johnw, new publishing method for muse! =) )

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun