Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Next generation planner: emacs-wiki seems o

From: vrtprj.com
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Next generation planner: emacs-wiki seems okay, preliminary support for muse
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:21:42 +0100

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

>> After removing that line planner loads fine, sometimes there is an
>> error "Symbol's function definition is void: TeX-add-style-hook".
>> Moccured through the files but couldn't find immediately where that
>> comes from. Any idea?
>
> Nowhere in muse or planner. Odd. Elsewhere in your config?
> Try also emacs --debug-init .

In case anybody has the same problem, I (probably) found the source and a
workaround.

The error "Symbol's function definition is void: TeX-add-style-hook" is caused
by the footnote-mode, which in turn is loaded by muse-mode, as a default minor
mode in "Muse/Muse Mode/Muse Mode Hook".

Turning footnote-mode off lets me enter muse-mode (and planner-mode) without
the error. Since I rarely use footnotes I can live without footnote-mode.

If you can't: several messages found on the net seem to indicate that the real
source of the problem is a path/duplicate file problem between the normal
texinfo.el and a texinfo.el supplied by Auctex. footnote-mode tries to load
the normal texinfo.el but gets the Auctex version, which then tries to run the
function "TeX-add-style-hook". A solution could be to change the load-path for
Emacs libraries or to deinstall Auctex.

Hope that helps,
Raine