[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: can you help me with some formatting issues

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: can you help me with some formatting issues
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:25:10 +0800

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know how to escape the WikiWord `WebTops'.  Is there a
> feature for escaping WikiWords in emacs-wiki?

<nop>WebTops

> The `mailto' links, e.g. [[mailto:address@hidden aren't
> coming up as links.  What is the preferred way to link to an email
> address.

mailto:address@hidden and [[mailto:address@hidden work here.
The <, however, is confusing it. < is reserved for tags. Try

Announce List  &lt;[[mailto:address@hidden&gt;

or

Announce List  (mailto:address@hidden);

> The link [[All Packages in Directory]] doesn't render as a link at
> all. Nor does address@hidden (another attempt at making an
> email address link) nor [[Web Authoring]] nor [[Knowledge base]].

No spaces allowed in page names (sorry!). Try [[Knowledgebase]], or
[[WebAuthoring][Web Authoring]]. If spaces are particularly important
to you, we can figure out how to hack it in.

> Towards the bottom, the link [[mailto:address@hidden *is*
> rendered correctly, but clicking on it does nothing.  I think it
> would be best if it would bring up a *mail* buffer.  Maybe this is
> just something I need to set in some preferences.

mailto: is handled by the browse-url function.

New versions at http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/emacs-wiki/

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerMode and
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsWikiMode ?

>    Web page           http://fle3.uiah.fi/
>    Source tarball     http://fle3.uiah.fi/download/fle_1.4.3.tar.gz
>    Source information http://fle3.uiah.fi/download/

Tables can be rendered nicely if you mark them up as

Web page           | http://fle3.uiah.fi/
Source tarball     | http://fle3.uiah.fi/download/fle_1.4.3.tar.gz
Source information | http://fle3.uiah.fi/download/

>    Version 1.4.3 (stable) released on 2003-06-13
>    Licensed under [[The GNU General Public License, Version 2 or later]].
>    This is not a GNU package.

Licensed under [[GPL2][The GNU General Public License, Version 2 or later]].
and then make GPL2.

>    Maintainers
>      * Teemu Leinonen <[[mailto:address@hidden>

Maintainers

- Teemu Leinonen (mailto:address@hidden)

Hope that helps!
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun