Re: [POLL] Proposed syntax for timestamps with time zone info (was: [FEA

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [POLL] Proposed syntax for timestamps with time zone info (was: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 14:31:04 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2023-02-02 11:38]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > * Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2023-02-01 15:23]:
> >> [2022-11-12 14:00 @UTC+2]
> >> [2022-11-12 14:00 @UTC-2:30]
> >>
> >> are also fine within the proposed format.
> >
> > The above format is unclear to me. I look at timestamps every day, too
> > many, often change them.
> >
> > I cannot understand what you mean.
>
> See "std offset" format for TZ environment variable.
> https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html

I understand that information on hyperlink.

I do not understand how it is related to "UTC", a with "UTC" people do
not put UTC offset.

It is either UTC as time zone and offset can be considered only ZERO,
like +0, or it is NOT UTC as time zone, and there is offset to
understand what was really the UTC. This latter is also explained in
that hyperlink.

So what do you really mean with such time stamp?

I think it is incorrect time stamp. If you specify UTC, you do not
specify UTC offset.

There is no UTC offset for UTC time.

--
Jean