Re: issue tracker?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 14:28:22 -0700

Roland Everaert <address@hidden> writes:

> Sourcehut seams interesting. Did you know if importing github/gitlab
> projects, with issues and merge requests (opened and closed) is supported
> at the moment?

I did a bit of googling, and couldn't find anything, no. The developer
is very responsive, though, and might be worth contacting him directly.
Though I guess Org doesn't have any existing issues to import (unless
it's from Nicolas' development machine).

> I noticed it is in alpha, so I don't expect to see all the features of any
> of those forges yet.

Here are details on "alpha":

https://sourcehut.org/alpha-details/

One issue is that, while payment isn't currently required, it will be
eventually. Perhaps the developer would be willing to make an exception
for Org, or perhaps we should get what we pay for :)

I guess I wouldn't expect Org to migrate away from gnu.org as a mailing
list host, but the option is there.

> Before I forget, Does magit+forge works well with sourcehut, especially the
> latter, as the former shouldn't have any problem?

Forge notes Sourcehut:

https://magit.vc/manual/forge/Supported-Forges-and-Hosts.html#Supported-Semi_002dForges

The thing is that Sourcehut doesn't really do pull requests, which I
think is the tricky part of any "forge". It really is dead simple, and I
think would be most useful as a mirror of Org's code, and an issue
tracker.

Eric