Re: [O] org-links for Gnus in imap with Gmail (for a convenient todo.org

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [O] org-links for Gnus in imap with Gmail (for a convenient todo.org list)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 07:30:38 -1000

Aloha,

I too came across this long ago. I like a 'zero inbox' and so I archive
(or delete!) my gmail after reading. And indeed, when you move from
INBOX to "All Mail" an org-link to INBOX will no longer function.

I use Gnus and do something rather simple and easy:

(defun changegroupinemaillink (args)
  (setcar args
          (replace-regexp-in-string
           "gmail.com:INBOX"
           "gmail.com:[Gmail]/All Mail" (car args)))
  args
)
(advice-add 'org-gnus-article-link :filter-args #'changegroupinemaillink)

After this, links point to All Mail and the mail will always be found.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i