server.el test failures (was: Re: bug#9800: Incomplete truncated file bu

From: Jim Porter
Subject: server.el test failures (was: Re: bug#9800: Incomplete truncated file buffers from the /proc filesystem)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 13:55:48 -0800

On 2/13/2023 12:47 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
PS. I was surprised to see that Emacs master currently has several test case failures on GNU/Linux (specifically the latest Fedora and Ubuntu releases). I hope these are known and that people are working on them.

1 files did not finish:
   lisp/server-tests.log

How did you run these tests? I don't see failures for this on EMBA, nor when running it manually on GNU/Linux (latest Mint) via "make -C test server-tests".

These tests are somewhat brittle since they spawn emacsclient processes to verify that the client can communicate with an Emacs server. The tests make some assumptions about how they'll be run, so probably one of those assumptions doesn't hold.

I thought we'd worked out all the issues with the tests, but apparently not...