Re: Difficulty using M-x gdb

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Difficulty using M-x gdb
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2023 20:56:23 +0530

Wanted to mention One problem I noticed with M-x gdb is that source code
buffers end up with permanent local binding of 'gdbmi for the variable
gud-minor-mode, and this intercepts keys RET and tries to send them to
the gud comint buffer even when gdb is not in action.  Haven't figured
out where this happens but I've had to overcome this by setting ``` M-:
(setq gub-minor-mode nil) ``` in affected buffers.

[I share much the same experience with the original poster, and all my
lost debugging skills on encountering gdb-mi like in a stroke, but I'm
still making an effort to come to terms with gdb-mi, but its still
uphill with 80 col screens and being limited to C-x o to switch between
windows]