Re: emacsql-sqlite-builtin

From: Richard Kim
Subject: Re: emacsql-sqlite-builtin
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 19:45:53 -0800

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie> writes:

> Gregor Kling [2023-02-01 13:21 +0100] wrote:
>
>> On 01.02.23 12:10, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
>>
>>> What versions do you have installed?

> This looks like the version from MELPA Stable.

> And this like the version from MELPA.
>
> This seems like a likely culprit, because the emacsql-connection class
> changed between these versions.
>
> What is your value of package-archives?
>
> I suggest making sure all your EmacSQL packages are installed from the
> same archive:
>
>   either https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu-devel/
>       or https://melpa.org/packages/
>
> This should ensure that their versions are mutually consistent.
>
> If different versions of the same package exist in different archives,
> you can tell Emacs precisely where to get different packages from by
> customising the user options package-archive-priorities and
> package-pinned-packages.
>
> HTH,

You need to pick up Jan 18 fix in emacsql, i.e.,
https://github.com/magit/emacsql/commit/2e6056df110e76da4eabb413f8781c4f1edddf20
which fixed the "deleted buffer" problem initially reported against
emacs as https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60872

Alternately you can build emacs using a version prior to cfd2b3504ab
which was checked in on Jan 12.  If you do, then you can stay with older
emacsql.