Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 00:38:22 +0200

Hello,

I have a questions regarding PGTK especially in the context of X11 and
Wayland in parallel.

I sometimes use X11 and sometimes Wayland, I build my Emacs with PGTK to
able to do both (without XWayland).

I also was under the impression that fondering is better using PGTK when
using a high dpi screen, even under X11. Was that wrong?

Now there's this big warning block wich appears when you use PGTK under
X11.
- Will it break emacs --daemon? The frame is spawned right when the X11
  display connection is initiated.

- I think it kinda rude to right out spawn a big window on every start,
  it doesn't fit into how emacs usually acts. What I'm trying to say is
  I think it is ok so show a warning every time server starts but adding
  this big blob of text that spawns 2/10 of the screen when Emacs is in
  fullscreen is a little much.

I wonder how viable this strategy if Emacs has to be compiled twice for
Wayland support.

Br,

Björn