Re: Eglot, project.el, and python virtual environments

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Eglot, project.el, and python virtual environments
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 15:06:17 +0200

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 03:12:21 +0200
Cc:theophilusx@gmail.com,emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>

I would also like to hear from Dmitry what are his thoughts on this.
That's my inclination as well, based on the requested behavior in this
thread.
What is your inclination?  I don't think I understand what does "that"
mean here.

My opinion is that if the users (as I'm reading in this thread) only want to influence Eglot's behavior (WRT to subproject root detection), but keep the bulk of project-related stuff (most importantly, project commands) working as they do now, then that should be implemented in Eglot.

If, on the other hand, they will want to use the newly introduced "subproject roots" for more things... then that can bear further consideration.