Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 23:34:52 -0500

Please do not encourage people to load packages from MELPA.  MELPA
does not cooperate with us.  Not in legal matters, not in ethical
matters, and not in technical matters of development.

A given package that happens to be in MELPA may be perfectly fine in
and of itself, or it may have problems of one kind of the other.

If you come across a package in MELPA that has no particular problems,
we can DTRT to put it in either GNU ELPA or NonGNU ELPA.