Re: emacs-repository-{version|branch} on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: emacs-repository-{version|branch} on Windows
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 21:42:16 +0100

On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 9:29 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Is your ~/.emacs.d directory on the same drive as the system, i.e. on drive C:\?

No. C: is the system drive, but I have all development tools (and most other things) in D:
> Then taking ownership is easier, because there aren't any protected directories,
> This is basic Windows system setup, nothing to do with Emacs per se.

I did so in the past. Then I had to replace that hard disk and couldn't
clone it, had to copy things. But that disk also contains the \User
directories, so it wasn't trivial. Things got messy and I suppose I forgot.

Anyway, yeah, I agree, it's something the user has to take care of...
As long as they know, or remember. And the git error being silenced
didn't help ;-)