Re: Edebug corrupting point in buffers.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Edebug corrupting point in buffers.
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 21:36:23 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 15:29:38 -0400
>
> I wish Someoneā„¢ could dig into the problem further and find the source
> of the problem and an actual fix, but indeed, this seems like a fair
> workaround in the mean time.

I think before digging into the reasons, we should decide what kind of
behavior we would consider "correct" and/or "useful" in the relevant
use cases with Edebug.  The answer is not easy, because AFAIU Edebug
cannot easily know which window(s) and which buffer(s) are affected by
the program being debugged.