Re: Edebug corrupting point in buffers.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Edebug corrupting point in buffers.
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 08:37:58 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: acm@muc.de,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 16:39:23 -0400
>
> If we follow the model or "traditional debuggers" which run in
> a separate process

Btw, the crucial difference between Edebug and the "traditional
debuggers" is that with Edebug the user can switch to any buffer and
move point there, as well as move the window-point of any window.  A
Lisp program that depends on the position of point or window-point
(and most of them do) could be fatally derailed if, when the user then
resumes the debugged program, point would not have been restored, or
even if a window that didn't appear on display before now does apepar,
or vice versa.

That is why I said that defining what is the behavior we want is not
easy.