Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 19:51:53 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Then I simply cannot reproduce this on my system.

Maybe the graphics driver is at play here?

Arash, what happens if you go to the "Graphics" control panel, drag the
"Hardware Acceleration" to the leftmost position, and reboot?  I had to
do that to make Emacs work at all on some Windows hardware.

Here are some instructions I found on the net:

1.      Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2.      Double-click System.
3.      On the Performance tab, click Graphics.
4.      Move the Hardware Acceleration slider until it is one notch to the
right of None, the Basic acceleration setting.
5.      Click OK, and then click Close.
6.      When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.