Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 11:46:21 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I hoped you would be able to actually step through the code (in
> Edebug) and tell which part causes the flickering...

I started doing it and then it occurred to me that corfu is not needed
to trigger the issue.  It is enough to do 'emacs -Q', 'C-x 5 2' and
switch between the frames, I did it by clicking with the mouse pointer.

I'm not familiar with Emacs internals, but does this observation fit to
Po Lu's message where he said:

  I think menu bar updates are not double buffered on MS Windows, and as
  a consequence flickers as Emacs removes the items to update them.

?  I'll file a bug report.

Best, Arash