Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:48:34 -0400

> I've devised a way to create an info file from my README with a bit of
> clever formatting and pandoc, which should solve the issue of documentation
> not being shipped to the user.

AFAIK the users *should* already be able to see the
README if they use a recent enough Emacs.

IOW if that doesn't work, please file a bug report.

> Perhaps the build process could convert the README to an info file if no
> texi files exist in the repository?

The README and the doc are meant to be two different things.
The README is supposed to be a short presentation of what the package does.

Of course, you can use a `README.org` and use that same file for `:readme`
and for `:doc` but that will lead to the same doc being duplicated.

        Stefan