Re: The new keymap functions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: The new keymap functions
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 12:01:10 +0100

> keymap-global-binding

Speaking of which...  that should perhaps be keymap-global-lookup for
symmetry, but we currently have both lookup-key, key-binding and
global-key-binding/local-key-binding.

Do we need equivalents for both lookup-key and key-binding?
keymap-lookup with a nil KEYMAP could work the way key-binding works, so
then we'd have

keymap-lookup         = (both the current lookup-key/key-binding)
keymap-global-lookup  = global-key-binding
keymap-local-lookup   = local-key-binding