Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly ever

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly every Chinese emacser?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 00:19:48 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 23:03:10 +0800 (CST)
>> From: tumashu  <tumashu@163.com>
>>
>> I have found a hack patch to deal with this problem: it is created by
>> cjacker in 2012,
>> After this patch can not apply, I created cnfonts as a Chinese new emacser.
>
> You shouldn't have posted the code, because we cannot use non-trivial
> patches from someone who doesn't have a copyright assignment.
> Instead, you should describe what the patch does, so someone else
> could code it independently; then we could use the resulting patch, if
> we think it's a good idea.

I know, this patch just an example, it is too old and can not apply to
master.

I use the method of terminal to solve "1 Chinese char width = 2 * Ascii
char width", by add extra padding when faced Chinese fonts.

Maybe we can provide a custom to control this padding's width?
I do not know this is a good idea or not.