Re: Emacs Lisp code formatting

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp code formatting
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 19:27:33 +0200

>> This is a nice feature, but I wonder why it's not used
>> by ‘C-u C-M-q’ (‘indent-pp-sexp’ with a prefix arg) in Lisp mode?
>
> It takes a sexp and formats it -- it doesn't support interactive code
> formatting, so no comments, and it'll turn ?\s into 32, etc.

Oh, I thought it works like 'pp-buffer' - just by adding/removing newlines
(because everything else is handled by 'indent-sexp').

Would it be possible to do such a thing and keep it uncomplicated?
For example, to ensure there is no newline after if/when/unless, but insert
a newline after its condition, unless it's short enough to fit on one line,
etc.