`M-x yank-media'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: `M-x yank-media'
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 22:05:06 +0100

I've now finally added a framework for meaningfully yanking
non-plain-text selections into Emacs.  The only mode that supports it
yet is message-mode, but look:

PNG image

Here I yanked an image from Chromium.   The system works!  🤩

(See the manual(s) for details.)

Other obvious modes is html-mode (for text/html and images) and
... image-mode?  I guess?  The latter could perhaps just prompt for a
file name and save it (and then display it).