Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful, a

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful, a simple solution
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 11:34:12 +0200

>> Yours doesn’t even work with `next-error`.
>
> It wasn't supposed to.  It was supposed to be similar to
> flyspell-mode, which also "doesn't work" with next-error.  Of course,
> if we decide that next-error should be able to find such places, we
> can always add that (emacs 29 is still very far from a release, and we
> have ample time for that), but I doubt it would be a good idea,
> because next-error is about messages emitted by compilers, and this is
> not a compiler-based feature.

markchars.el doesn't support next-error OOTB too,
so this is what I use to add next-error support to it:

  (progn
    (font-lock-ensure)
    (text-property-search-forward 'markchars 'confusable))

For suspiciously reordered this should do the same:

  (progn
    (highlight-confusing-reorderings (point-min) (point-max))
    (text-property-search-forward 'face 'confusingly-reordered))