Re: How to add pseudo vector types

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: How to add pseudo vector types
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 02:46:49 +0200

Le vendredi 30 juillet 2021, 02:35:33 CEST Richard Stallman a écrit :
> I propose we create a way for Lisp programs to declare when they do
> semantic narrowing.  They could specify markers for the beginning and
> end of that narrowing.
>
> Facilities for parsing the buffer should heed semantic narrowing but
> disregard display narrowing.
>
> Various kinds of semantic narrowing should be able to nest, and
> display narrowing should be able to nest inside semantic narrowings.
>
> Comments or critiques?

Nesting? that’s very interesting, I always felt that emacs’ separation of
data in “atomic” buffers, unnested, was limiting…  Couldn’t a such facility
come with some semantics that could ease the working with multi-modes and
multiple-formats files, such as php files (including html), html pages
(including javascript and css), org-mode and its source blocks (currently
opening another buffer to work), makefiles including a lot of shell-script
programs, bison/yacc files including C, etc.?

PS: that makes me think of some other reaaaally handy feature that would
be so convenient: the ability to *include* the content of a buffer inside
some other buffer, so both’s data are connected, and you can see many small
files’ content at once while working on some multi-semantics file… but maybe
it’s a stupid/useless idea (it could be synchronized maybe? or be overly
difficult, dunno u.u)