Re: Simple isearch concerns

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Simple isearch concerns
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 19:25:15 +0200

On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 12:29:42PM +0000, Gregory Heytings wrote:

Along with the package mentioned by Thierry there is CTRLF[1].

[1] https://github.com/raxod502/ctrlf

I tried this package a few months ago, but still do not understand what it does differently from isearch.

And it provides a few commands that isearch doesn't have: move to first/last match,

Isearch provides M-s M-< and M-s M->; I only bind them in
isearch-mode-map to M-< and M-> and it works as expected.

move to first match above/below window,
This one is missing.

center current match in window.
C-l works when isearch-allow-scroll is non-nil