Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 17:08:53 +0200

> From: Christopher Miles <numbchild@gmail.com>
> CC: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Stefan
>  Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>, "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:33:05 +0000
>
> > There could only be good things following this principle.
>
> If don't move this, then there is same reason to don't more others. Then don't
> change any C code which existed for a long time. So the result is don't touch
> any C code.... A reason like existing for decade time is not a reasonable
> argument. Should talking technically.

Technical reasons are not the only reasons for our decisions; there
are also project-management reasons and risks-management reasons.

I also presented several technical reasons, you just ignored them for
some reason.

> An old house existing for decades, should not update it.... because it exists
> decades. We should talk about why update it.

This "old house" is being updated all day, every day.  Just look at
the Git logs.  Let's not argue straw men, okay?