Emacs Daemon --- Dies silently

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Emacs Daemon --- Dies silently
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 13:13:00 -0800 (PST)

I've used an emacs that runs for weeks (if not months) on my
workstation --- even more  so since the pandemic forced us all to
remain home.

But in the lsat week, my Emacs daemon quietly dies when I close the
client. Note: it does not die when I hit C-x C-c to close the frame,
verified via ssh that the emacs process is still alive. However when i
log back in later, often, the emacs process has quietly
disappeared. Did something change with respect to emacs --daemon?

Also, starting an emacs --daemon from within an ssh session, then
connecting to it via emacsclient appears to leave stdin in a strange
state -- many times, M-x on a frame connected to the daemon appears to
get minibuffer input -- wonder if this somehow related to the
mega-thread "stop frames stealing one other's minibuffer", and changes
made in relation to that bug.

--

Thanks,

--Raman