Re: named-let

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: named-let
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:50:46 +0000

> With the advent of the native-compiler, "all implementations" is even
> harder to reach, since it means, interpreter, byte-code, and native code.

Well as I mentioned the native compiler is already capable of that if
asked, but in general whichever optimization is done by the
byte-compiler is picked by the native compiler cause currently the
compilation input is LAP.  So I'm not really sure this is adding much
complexity from this POV.

As a side note I'd be surprised if interpreters in CL implementation are
supporting TRE, I guess the interpreter is typically used only for debug
or bootstrap therefore should be not very important.  Am I wrong?

  Andrea