Re: Could ivy minibuffer stay where it is?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Could ivy minibuffer stay where it is?
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 15:51:37 +0300

* Oleh Krehel <ohwoeowho@gmail.com> [2020-11-08 14:21]:

> > Is there way to automatically switch for every ivy completion to
> > ivy-display-function-window?
>
> (setq ivy-display-functions-alist '((t . ivy-display-function-window)))

Oh, how could I miss that. It was in front of my eyes. Thank you.

Do you mind giving me a tip to turn on something like hl-line-mode in
ivy. That would enhance visibility where user watches with eyes. Fnacy
highlighting ivy remains but whole line gets hl-line-mode. I have
tried with ivy-mode-hook but it stays where is cursors. That is what
is meant to do. I was wrongly thinking that double cursor is on ivy
match

Window mode has its problems I can see here. If you make something
like that then I can give you hints what is happening. Now is useless
for outside function to explain.