Re: Suggest installing more fonts?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggest installing more fonts?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:13:24 -0400

>> As a Debian user, I do think that I can "download font files and install
>> them" and there's a good chance I can even do that "simply", but I have
>> never needed to do that and would have to search for info about how to
>> do it and I wouldn't be satisfied with the result because now those
>> fonts wouldn't be kept up-to-date by the usual mechanisms.
>>
>> So, while I'm not "forced" to use `apt`, I would first and foremost want
>> to use `apt` and only resort to another solution if there's no
>> other solution.
>
> So Debian users are even less "free" in this regard than MS-Windows users?

Not sure what you mean by that.

Basically, what I was saying is that "simply downloading and installing"
(the fact that it was applied to fonts doesn't make much difference in
this respect) sounds to me like pulling my own teeth: I'm "free" to do
it, but I would look for other solutions first.

        Stefan