Re: Suggest installing more fonts?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Suggest installing more fonts?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 13:40:35 +0000

Uninstall Unifont (which I thought we agreed shouldn't be used), then try again.

And now the HELLO file looks even nicer.  :-)

But how many fonts were loaded for that?

DejaVu Sans Mono is a single font, but fonts-noto-core alone contains 162 fonts.

Even Unifont only supports the BMP and little else.

That's wrong. Unifont supports 100% of the BMP (including many scripts for fictional scripts such as Klingon, which are not offically part of Unicode), most of the SMP (the exceptions are cuneiform and hieroglyphs), a few glyphs of SIP.