Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 20:05:36 +0300

> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:35:34 +0000
> Cc: ghe@sdf.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> > To me, consistent behavior would be to switch to the mini-window of
> > the selected frame.
>
> I'm not quite sure what a mini-window is.  Does it mean the window within
> which the minibuffer is displayed?  As in max-mini-window-height?

The mini-window is the small window at the bottom of the frame which
is used to display the echo area and the minibuffer.

> My apologies for being unclear.  I was thinking about what happens after
> the Isearch is over.  Currently the minibuffer is pulled in if the
> Isearch has used the minibuffer for any reason.  With my patch, this
> would never happen after an Isearch.
>
> What I meant was that with the "always" variation, after an Isearch, an
> open minibuffer would always be pulled over from another frame.

Would you please describe the recipe to try, and then describe how you
would like to change the current behavior in that recipe?  I feel that
I don't really understand what you are trying to say (e.g., what does
"minibuffer is pulled in" mean?).

Thanks.