Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 21:39:58 +0000

Hi Ergus,

I don't understand why you change so many things in icomplete.el for icomplete-vertical. I attach a patch which implements icomplete-vertical by adding only 20 lines to that file. It seems to work correctly. Use it with:

(icomplete-mode 1)
(setq icomplete-vertical t)

and set `icomplete-prospects-height' to the maximal number of completion candidates you want to display, for example:

(setq icomplete-prospects-height 10)

Gregory