Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 18:06:54 +0200

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> I was thinking about it a bit, and was looking at the code of Bozhidar's
>> Solarized implementation. I think it is rather a trivial thing to do.
> [...]
>> I can try to refactor Bozhidar's code if it is interesting (I have been
>> playing with it for my own purpose soem time ago), if Bozhidar himself is
>> not reading this list and don't' have opinions on this by himself.
>
> The biggest benefit would come from including something like this in
> vanilla.
>
> What is the status with regards to copyright assignment for that code?
> I personally think the idea makes sense, but we would need to sort that
> part out before we can consider it for vanilla.
GPL 3

"Copyright © 2011-2020 Bozhidar Batsov, Thomas Frössman, and contributors.

Distributed under the GNU General Public License, version 3"

I don't know how many are contributors in the statement above

I have sent him email and ask if he is willing to assign the copyright
to fsf, and ask if he can check the dev-list himself; would be the best
if he has possibility to participate himself.