Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 05:36:01 +0200

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 11:21:41PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

 > The other thing is the addiction to right click and find everything
 > there (undo, redo, copy, paste, goto, select all, goto).

If we think about this, maybe we could make Emacs handle right-click
in a way they would like.  But it needs to be studied concretely
to make a concrete proposal.

Actually there are already some context menus for right click.

https://github.com/zonuexe/right-click-context
or
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mouse3.el

In the simplest case we only need to put in the right-click menu what is
already in the tool-bar.

The real problem is that now the right click is bind to
mouse-save-then-kill which I have never ever used, but probably others
have.

--
Dr Richard Stallman